Recently my mom told me her secret to success as a young mother trying to balance a family and a home. She would dedicate one day to laundry, one to cleaning, one to gardening, etc. This was fabulous as I'm borderline ADD and all I have to do is focus on one thing each day, then I know I've accomplished something (that you can see). Last week I was quite successful in this endeavor and cleaned my house, did 3 loads of laundry and then weeded my entire garden on the hottest day of the week - with 40 SPF sunscreen on. Today was baking day. I wanted to make cookies and macaroons, but I only had 4 eggs and after I made cookies I was trying to split some eggs and broke the yolk, so I wasn't as successful as I hoped to be. Oh well! Check out the fruit of my labour (Pumkin Oatmeal Cookies).
Tomorrow's project - painting!
2 comments:
Yay Brooklyn!! haha Love reading the blog ;) Those cookies look delish! I was going to make some today too, but camilla is sad today and needing extra cuddles from her immunizations. I do love your idea, focus on one area each day, I think I may try it!!
It's definitely a balancing act isn't it! I've loved using the "Fly Lady" method. www.flylady.com (I think). It's a way to break down tasks to just a few minutes a day and it makes total sense for me and has worked great for the past several years. Good luck with everything!
Post a Comment