I think this fascination all started during a Young Women in Excellence night when a beloved sister in our stake shared her story of her Red Love Affair. She loved everything about the color RED! She showed us some of her favorite RED fabric, some of her favorite RED clothes, and of course her favorite fruit, strawberries (which of course are RED). I think I was inspired by that talk! I don't remember what it had to do with Young Women, or Excellence, other than the color RED is EXCELLENT!
Now, my love affair isn't with just any RED, but deep, dark RED. Wow!
When I visited Arizona a few years ago for my cousin's wedding, I found these incredible RED shoes for $15 at Target. I LOVE them! Months later I found this awesome RED purse at a 10 Cent Sale. It was, to my surprise the same brand as my shoes and a perfect match! I love anything that gives a great RED punch, like my RED pashmina! My bridesmaid dresses were RED, and the flowers were RED, when I saw my bouquet I almost cried I loved it so much! I finally painted a wall in my house RED. It was the same color as my sister-in-law's dining room, which I'm a total fan of! I was a little scared of the paint chip on the can lid...it looked kind of purple to me, and opening the can I discovered a color unlike the one I wanted. With fear I started painting a a little leery at first, but with a second coat the color was do DIE for! I bought some RED dish towels and dish rags recently and am looking forward to putting up my RED Christmas decorations (Our Christmas theme is RED, gold and green.) This weekend Mark and I bought new winter jackets...mine of course is RED. How lucky am I? I am on the hunt for some awesome RED throws for my living/family rooms. Unfortunately the ones I desperately want that my mother-in-law has are no longer sold!
So long live my passion and love (how fitting) for RED!
These are a few of my favorite (RED) things!
| My bridesmaids and me! |
![]() |
| RASPBERRIES...of course! |
| My beautiful red wall! |
| My favorite pair of shoes! |

No comments:
Post a Comment