10.12.2010

The Gift of Thanks

So this Thanksgiving I had a lot to be grateful for.

First of all, I'm grateful for quiet! When you have 28 people in one house at one time, it gets pretty loud! Each member of my extended family contributes such different personalities and talents. Even though they may get a little out of hand, I love everyone from the oldest grandfather to the littlest preemie grandbaby.

I have a renewed gratitude for my husband, Mark. He works so hard (>9 hrs a day) and he STILL loves his job. He even comes home and works again! He is a wonderful, charismatic teacher and knows how to guide youth. He's a big dreamer, but dreamers make things happen!

I thankful for my home! Not a lot of couples who have been married for 2.5 years own their own home! I know it is hard work & sometimes causes stress, but it's much better than hearing girls clomping up the apartment stairs at 3 AM! I've finally begun putting up pictures and it feels so much more like a home!

I'm grateful for my posterity! Isaac is so happy and joyful! He's becoming such a curious, determined, curly-haired little boy! When he hugs and snuggles me, it shows me he loves me too. He's definately worth all the pain, late nights and tantrums.

I'm thankful for my testimony. I thankful that I have the freedom to worship God in my country. I'm grateful I feel my Heavenly Father's love every day.

No comments: