So I thought I was smart and bought 2 watermelons at $3 each on clearance. They seemed to be ok. When I cracked one open, it was pretty ripe, I guess you could say overly rip! I usually end up eating these kinds of things because Mark doesn't feel obligated to "get rid" of things when they're super ripe and don't taste too good. (This takes me back to when I bought a mini watermelon for a fruit tray in April. It was like $5 and I made sure to pick a nice on. Also over-ripe! I could only use the outer edge.)
So I had to think of creative ways to eat up these 2 watermelon! I had the super idea of feeding it to Isaac. Mash it up, add cereal...voila...watermelon flavored goodness! He's addicted. I then referred to my all knowing "Joy of Cooking" bible, and found a great recipe for a watermelon drink! It just consists of apple sauce, watermelon, & celery all pureed up. SO GOOD. Isaac also can't get enough of this either! I'm going to make watermelon sorbet tonight in our ice cream maker! Does anyone know any other good watermelon recipes? I have another whole watermelon to "use up"!
No comments:
Post a Comment