9.29.2010

The Memory Lane

A couple nights ago I was driving home, listening to the radio. I heard a song that was a total blast from the past and sent me down memory lane. The song: I couldn't remember! I could only think of one part, just the music, and not even the words! It was a song that Mark used to listen to when he'd drive his Pontiac around. It was bothering me so much that I went through all of Mark's CDs and listened to the songs to try and remember what it was!
As I was going through all of the songs, memories flooded my mind and I experienced the car, the smells, and the feelings all over again! This was the sweet time of my teenage years and adventures as a youth. Mark and I went through 5 CDs and sang along to the "Pontiac" songs, the words totally coming back - it was amazing that after years and years, we could still remember the words! (He even started to BUST A MOVE! Anyone remember how he used to dance?) The song was "Ahead by a Century" - finally, I figured it out, but we also fondly listened to "Symphonic", "Opera Singer" & "I Miss You" just to name a few. Does anyone else remember any iconic music of Mark?

1 comment:

Jenny said...

There are so many Brooklyn! Here are three:

100 Years - Five for Fighting

Making Plans for Nigel - XTC (You minght not remember this one, but Mark sure will!)

Take California - Propellorheads

This really brings me back.