9.18.2010

The Better Baking

So I thought a lot about yesterday's post, and I felt kind of guilty about being in such a bad mood. I did the dishes and cleaned the kitchen and remembered that I made Eggplant Ratatouille on Wednesday and it turned out awesome! It was beautifully colored with eggplant, zucchini, peppers and tomatoes and smelled tantalizing! I felt so cool making the same food as on the movie Ratatouille! I think I need to get new spices though, because I put a lot in, but it didn't taste as strong as it smelled. Now that I think of it, I've had the same spices for over 2 years.... yeah, I should get some new ones. I also made Peach Cobbler yesterday night too, and it was SOOO GOOD. It was 9:30pm when I put it in, then we watched a movie! The recipe I had was so easy and you just mix everything right in the pan, put the peaches on top, cook it, and you're done! Ok, fine...here it is!
Peach Cobbler

1/4 c butter
1/2 c sugar
1 c flour
2tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c milk
4 c (1 quart) peaches, drained (I used only 3)

Mix everything but milk & peaches like you do for biscuits, then add milk. Pour peaches on top and bake @ 350F for 45-50 min. The crust will surface to the top. I baked it for 40 min covered and then for the rest of the time uncovered to brown. I also used my canned peaches that I canned this summer. YUM! It did stick to the bottom of the pan, so I might suggest mixing it all in a different pan, then spraying the baking dish (I used a 1.5 qt one) and pouring the mixure in. Good luck. It's good and very simple.

PS Mark and I have a little joke about Peach Cobbler. On his mission he served with an Elder Cobble. They called him Elder Cobbler, and then asked him if his first name was Peach. Then they called him Elder Peach Cobbler, even though that was his name at all! I heard all this whole conversation on a tape that Mark sent me!

1 comment:

Liesel said...

One word - Epicure! I can connect you with a really great consultant even.
Good luck with the cooking and baking adventures.