9.17.2010

The Bad Egg

So today I thought I'd be adventurous and make something different for breakfast. I had found this recipe last year and made it once and it was fabulous, so I decided to make it again. You basically poached an egg in crushed tomatoes (with garlic/onions). I had some leftover canned diced tomatoes and thought I could use those, added garlic/onions, and then added the eggs. The pan, however, was not non-stick, so my eggs stuck to the bottom...unable to be poached. So I was like, "Ok, I guess I'll try to take it off and might be able to save them!". In doing so, my yolks broke (you cannot poach a egg with a broken yolk). So scrambled it was going to be. The whole pan was a gross chunky pink color and I really did not think it was going to taste good at all!! What a great start to my day! I totally thought it was going to end up in the garbage. Reluctantly I put the mess in a bowl, added some cheese in good faith, and started eating it with toast...and it was GOOD! I wouldn't make it again, purely because of the look of it, but I was pleasantly surprised! Oh ye of little faith!

Might I also add to this post my atrocious attempt at making granola bars this week that didn't stick together. Uh. No. Maybe I should not try to make anything interesting for a while! Hmm...what is something safe I can make for dinner?

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Spaghetti. Hard to go wrong with spaghetti!