So I've been hearing a lot about Green Smoothies, and knew what they were all about, but was a little hesitant to actually try it. I like my fruit smoothies, ok? This week I had some lettuce greens that I needed to use up and thought I'd give green smoothies a try, so I called my sister, the Master of Green Smoothies. She told me what to put in them, and so I tried it out! Mark had some vanilla protein powder that I added to it, and I think that was what made it taste...not so good. Mark wouldn't even try a little bit!! So the next morning I added vanilla yogurt & protein powder and it tasted MUCH better! I made it the next morning, but Mark had eaten all of the vanilla yogurt, so I used peach...and it tasted just as good! (I hear Isaac is in his crib, playing with his mobile and NOT sleeping.) I feel so healthy drinking this concoction! It's nothing but VEGETABLES, yogurt & protein
_____________________
Green Smoothies
(This recipe makes about 1.5 glasses)
1/2 c H2O1 celery stalk
1/2 cucumber
handful of spinach
1/4 avocado
1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
3 spoonfuls of yogurt
____________________
So this was exactly what I put in mine, but you can change it depending on what you have on hand. I cut up the celery & cucumber before I added it so it would be easy to blend. The protein powder is not necessary. Well, neither is the yogurt, but it just makes it taste BETTER!
I'm sure you veteran green smoothie eaters are like "Pfff, stupid newbie" but whatever! I'll probably not try cale or other exotic greens I probably wouldn't recognise in the produce section. I'm comfortable with spinach (which I got a huge bag of for 50% off because it was close to it's BB date and am frantically trying to use it up). Enjoy!
1 comment:
Looks, um....great, Brooklyn! I might have to try one some day....maybe. Good for you, being all healthy like. I loved the comment about the sale spinach. It will match with all the other pink stickers in your fridge :)
Post a Comment