9.01.2010

The Baseboards

We finally have baseboards! I can't believe how long you can go without baseboards and how finished your house looks when they're up! A couple weeks ago, while I canned peaches with my mom in Red Deer, Mark put up baseboards. (Note: Co-op has the BEST prices on baseboards/casing, at least 50 cents cheaper than anywhere else!!) Oh they look GOOD! This is what the front entry-way looks like:

Ok, so it doesn't look that much different in the picture...but it really does look amazing! The best part about the baseboards is that Mark actually made the ends look finished. The previous baseboards at the top of the stairs were just cut off ! This is what it looks like now (they're still not completely done):


I still haven't put up pictures, but I'm getting close to being ready. For the front entrance I'm putting up a red "E" that I made and a family picture over the hooks and our wedding cross-stitch above the stairs. I've painted some frames black to make a picture collage over the couch and I'm going to put the saying "Together is the best place to be!" over them. When I was young, my family of 8 lived in a town house. It was so tiny and only had 3 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. My mom refused to put up pictures because she refused to live there for very long and didn't want to feel at home! I want to feel at home in my house and am glad we have most of the house painted so we can finally put up pictures after a year & a half!

A month ago I set up a little play area for Isaac in the back room. I bought an IKEA bookcase/shelf and some bins to put in it for his toys to go in. The shelf fits perfectly under the windows!


So a couple more projects down and a little closer to a finished home! I'm so excited when we get some more steam to complete renovations!

1 comment:

Julia said...

congrats! That is so much hard work (and we know too)! It looks so great. You guys have done an awesome job. I agree with the whole "getting excited when you get more steam for another round of projects"!! SO true! Hope you're doing well.