
I'd never really made a pie before and we were encouraged, no FORCED to bake a pie for the pie bake-off. Of course I referred to my all knowing "Joy of Cooking" cookbook and made a raspberry peach pie. I even made a mini pie with the left-over dough, just like my mom would make for us when we were kids! Ahh, sweet memories! This is how it turned out:

Isaac did great with the camping part! He fell asleep in my baby wrap, and then woke up after all the fun was over and wanted to play! Once we got into the tent, he feel asleep between us and I was squished up on the edge and cold. In the morning he stayed asleep during breakfast and when I finally went to check on him, he was happily crawling around exploring the tent! So that's the key to prevent a baby from crying once he wakes up!
So it was pretty fun in the end. Mark wants to go on a hiking trip with us and we're looking forward to doing something a little longer than just ONE night.
1 comment:
so exciting! Aren't they fun to camp with? I love how fascinated babies are with tents. It's awesome!
P.S
Your pie looks like it's to die for!! I bet it was yummy!
Post a Comment