11.10.2010

The Halloween Hurrah!

Ever since Isaac was born, I was planning for this Halloween...well, before that actually. I planned that if we had a girl, she would be Little Bo Peep and Mark and I would be her sheep! Aww, CUTE! But we had a boy. Too bad. There were other plans in my head after Isaac was born. We were going to go as Mario characters. Mark would be Luigi, I would be Princess, and Isaac would be Toad. I later figured out that involved a little too much work on my end with sewing, so I thought of a Plan B. Mark would be Inspector Gadget (he owns a grey trench coat), I would be Penny, and Isaac would be Brain. I could not for the life of me find a grey fedora for Mark to wear. Scratch that plan. In the end I decided Isaac would just go as "Little Bo" a boy version of Little Bo Peep, and Mark and I would be his sheep. This was the plan...until we went to Old Navy, 2 hours before our party we were attending...

We found a little shark costume for 5 BUCKS! I couldn't resist. As I was waiting for Mark in the fitting room, I devised our costumes. We would dress up like fishermen, complete with rain coats/boots and life jackets, and Isaac would be the shark we caught. It was perfect! I guess I'll learn my lesson for next year and start planning and SEWING with lots of time to spare before Halloween!


2 comments:

Mary-Anne said...

Creative! I like it. I have never heard of a shark costume before. Well done. I love family theme costumes.

Jenny said...

Very cool! So, how mutch did your catch weigh!?

Your costumes turned out great Brooklyn! I love the costumes you can do using stuff you have around already, and you can't beat a $5 costume! (Does one of those hats happen to be Dad's?)